Sleet likely in the evening. Snow and freezing rain likely. Additional light snow accumulation possible. Lows in the mid 20s. Southeast winds 10 to 15 mph...becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Cloudy. A chance of snow in the morning...then a chance of snow showers in the afternoon. Highs in the upper 20s. West winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent.
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 5 am Saturday to 4 am EST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in State College has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 5 am Saturday to 4 am EST Sunday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations... all of central Pennsylvania and the Susquehanna valley.
* Hazard types... heavy snow... possibly changing to sleet or freezing rain Saturday night across the lower Susquehanna valley.
* Accumulations... 5 to 8 inches of snow.
* Timing... light snow will begin across the region near sunrise Saturday. Snow fall intensities will increase Saturday afternoon and evening.
* Impacts... widespread hazardous travel due to snow covered roads and reduced visibility can be expected.
* Winds... east 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... in the 20s... to near 30 in the southeast.
* Visibilities... one to two miles Saturday morning decreasing to under one mile Saturday afternoon and Saturday night.
Dangerous winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Use extreme caution if planning to travel. For the latest weather information... go to weather.Gov/ctp or stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio.
Report snow and ice accumulation to the National Weather Service State College by sending an email to ctp.Stormreports@noaa.Gov... posting to the NWS State College facebook Page... or tweet @nwsstatecollege with the hashtag #ctpwx.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.