Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.
Forecast for Fayette
Updated: 12:33 am EDT on March 12, 2014
Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 1 am EDT Thursday...
Mostly cloudy with a 30 percent chance of showers. Lows in the mid 40s. South winds around 5 mph.
Rain. Highs in the upper 50s. Temperature falling into the mid 40s in the afternoon. South winds around 5 mph... increasing to west 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph in the afternoon. Chance of rain near 100 percent.
Snow and rain in the evening...then snow likely after midnight. Areas of blowing snow. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Lows around 8 above. Blustery and much colder. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph. Gusts up to 40 mph in the evening. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.
Partly sunny. A chance of snow showers in the morning. Little or no additional snow accumulation. Much cooler with highs in the lower 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow 40 percent. Wind chill values as low as 11 below in the morning.
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 1 PM Wednesday to 1 am EDT Thursday...
* snow accumulations... 2 to 4 inches.
* Snow beginning... early afternoon.
* Period of most intense snow... late afternoon and evening.
* Snow ending... late Wednesday night.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to snow covered roads and temperatures falling below freezing causing widespread development of icy roads.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Wind chills near 10 -Thursday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that traveling will be inhibited due to slippery roads and reduced visibility. Use caution when traveling and report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling 412-262- 1988... posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page... or using twitter @nwspittsburgh.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.