... Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 5 PM EST this
The National Weather Service in Taunton has issued a Winter
Weather Advisory for snow... which is in effect until 5 PM EST
* Locations... northern Connecticut... Rhode Island and southeastern
* Hazard types... snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 2 to 4 inches.
* Timing... snow will develop across the advisory area between 7
and 10 am... then continue through the afternoon. The bulk of the
snowfall will occur late this morning into early afternoon... then
will taper off around the start of the evening commute.
* Impacts... accumulating snow will cause slippery travel
conditions beginning at the end of this morning/S commute. The
snow will continue through the day into this evening/S commute.
* Temperatures... in the lower 30s.
* Visibilities... one quarter to one half mile at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory is issued when snow and/or ice is
forecast to develop in the affected areas... but accumulations are
expected to be light. Any snow or ice would make driving and
walking difficult... but not impossible... on untreated roadways
and sidewalks. When temperatures are below freezing... motorists
need to be especially careful on bridges and overpasses where
slippery spots can easily develop.
For the latest updates... please visit our webpage at
You can follow US on facebook at