... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Saturday morning through
The National Weather Service in Salt Lake City has issued a
Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from Saturday morning
through Sunday afternoon.
* Affected area... this watch covers the western two thirds of Utah
and southwest Wyoming.
* Snow accumulations... generally 2 to 7 inches in most valleys
with 1 to 3 inches in utahs Dixie... around Lake Powell and
around Green River. Amounts of 8 to 14 inches are expected in
* Timing... light snow is possible across portions of northern Utah
at times tonight through Friday night. Snow is expected to
increase in coverage and intensity Saturday morning then turn
showery and taper off late Saturday night through Sunday
morning. Snow showers could linger over northwestern Utah
through Sunday night.
* Winds... gusty south winds are possible Saturday creating areas
of blowing and drifting snow.
* Impacts... very cold temperatures will allow even small amounts
of snow to accumulate on Road surfaces and create significant
travel impacts. Hazardous winter driving conditions are
expected across all of the area Saturday into Sunday including
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant
snow accumulation that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the
For more information from NOAA/National Weather Service visit...