Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
Rest of Today
Sleet and snow with freezing rain likely late this morning...then freezing rain and rain this afternoon. Little or no snow and sleet accumulation. Additional ice accumulation around a tenth of an inch. Highs in the lower 30s. South winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 80 percent.
Cloudy. A chance of rain...freezing rain with patchy freezing drizzle in the evening. Ice accumulation around a trace. Lows in the lower 30s. Southwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 40s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph.
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
* locations... portions of northern and central Virginia... the Potomac Highlands and the central Shenandoah Valley.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet... and freezing rain.
* Accumulations... a coating to an inch of snow and sleet. Ice accumulation around one tenth of an inch.
* Timing... snow will begin between 4 am and 7 am this morning. Snow will change to sleet and freezing rain between 10 am and 1 PM. Precipitation will end as freezing rain late this afternoon and evening.
* Impacts... roads will be snow and ice covered today and tonight. Travelling will be dangerous during this time. Visibility will be reduced below one-mile at times in snow this morning.
* Winds... south around 5 to 10 mph with gusts around 15 to 20 mph along the ridges above 2000 feet.
* Temperatures... rising through the 20s this morning. Temperatures will rise into the lower and middle 30s across most areas this afternoon and evening.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 8:58 am EST on March 01, 2015
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 2 hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... Skywarn spotters and media for these reports. This summary is also available on our home Page at weather.Gov/Baltimore
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments snowfall of /inches/ measurement
... Carroll County... 4 NNE Uniontown 0.1 800 am 3/01 trained spotter 3 WSW Lineboro T 810 am 3/01 trained spotter 1 se Eldersburg T 840 am 3/01 trained spotter
... Charles County... La Plata 0.1 855 am 3/01 trained spotter
... Frederick County... 3 NW Frederick 0.9 840 am 3/01 NWS employee ballenger creek T 736 am 3/01 trained spotter
... Montgomery County... 1 SSW White Oak T 819 am 3/01 trained spotter
... Arlington County... Arlington 0.1 823 am 3/01 trained spotter
... Culpeper County... Reva T 808 am 3/01 trained spotter
... Fairfax County... 1 se Burke T 735 am 3/01 trained spotter
... Loudoun County... Dulles international T 827 am 3/01 Airport
... Warren County... 1 N Karo T 820 am 3/01 trained spotter
... Berkeley County... 1 E Inwood 0.3 742 am 3/01 trained spotter
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.