Today is forecast to be nearly the same temperature as yesterday.
Forecast for Westmoreland
Updated: 1:10 am EST on December 10, 2013
Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 9 am this morning to 4 PM EST this afternoon...
Mostly cloudy. A chance of rain late. Lows in the lower 30s. North winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 40 percent.
Snow. Sleet until late afternoon. Rain in the morning. Snow and sleet accumulation of 1 to 2 inches. Cold with highs in the mid 30s. North winds around 10 mph...becoming northwest in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 9 am to 4 PM EST Tuesday...
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from 9 am to 4 PM EST Tuesday.
* Areas affected: the Northern Neck to the lower Maryland Eastern Shore.
* Hazards: sleet and snow mixed becoming all snow.
* Accumulation: 1 to 3 inches... with locally higher amounts possible over northern portions of the advisory area.
* Timing: rain will quickly transition to a mix of snow and sleet by mid-morning Tuesday... before becoming all snow by midday and continuing into the afternoon.
* Impacts: travel conditions will be degraded due to a slushy accumulation of snow and sleet... especially on bridges and overpasses... and secondary roads. Reduced visibility from falling snow will also contribute to travel difficulties.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
You can also report snow and ice accumulations by posting to the NWS Wakefield Virginia facebook Page... or by using the twitter hashtag... nwsakq.
Statement as of 12:22 AM EST on December 10, 2013
... Patchy dense fog north of Richmond Metro area...
Patchy dense fog has continued into the overnight hours across portions of the area. Visibility will average between one and three miles... but will be locally reduced to between one quarter and one half mile at times. Motorists should be prepared for sudden reductions in visibility... drive at reduced speeds and use low beam headlights only in fog.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.