Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 4 PM EST Monday...
Rest of Tonight
Cloudy. Snow likely after midnight. Snow accumulation a dusting to 2 inches. Lows around 19. Light and variable winds...becoming southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph after midnight. Chance of snow 70 percent.
Snow. Total snow accumulation of 3 to 5 inches. Highs in the lower 30s. South winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect from midnight tonight to 4 PM EST Monday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington continues the Winter Weather Advisory for snow and sleet... from midnight tonight to 4 PM EST Monday.
* Locations... central... south-central... and eastern Vermont... and western Essex County New York.
* Hazard types... snow and sleet.
* Accumulations... 3 to 5 inches of snow and sleet.
* Maximum snowfall rate... up to 1 inch per hour... mainly Monday morning.
* Timing... snow will begin between 2 and 4 am in south-central Vermont... 4 and 6 am in central Vermont and Essex County New York... and after 6 am for the Northeast Kingdom of Vermont. Snow will be heaviest during the morning hours... then mix with a bit of sleet before ending mid to late Monday afternoon. The best chance for mixed precipitation is across Rutland and Windsor counties in Vermont.
* Impacts... slow travel due to low visibility and snow covered roadways... including during the Monday morning commute. Allow plenty of extra time to reach your destination.
* Winds... southeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Gusts will be locally stronger along the western slopes of the Green Mountains. From Rutland up to South Lincoln... speeds may reach 35 mph for a time Monday morning.
* Temperatures... lows in the low to mid 20s Monday morning. Highs in the lower 30s Monday afternoon.
* Visibilities... as low as one-quarter mile at times Monday morning.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather situation.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.