Winter Storm Warning in effect from 4 PM Saturday to 4 PM EST Sunday...
Partly cloudy. Lows around 1 above. North winds around 10 mph until midnight...becoming light and variable.
Partly sunny with a slight chance of light snow in the morning...then cloudy with snow likely in the afternoon. Snow accumulation a dusting to 1 inch. Highs around 14. Light and variable winds. Chance of snow 70 percent.
... Winter Storm Warning in effect from 4 PM Saturday to 4 PM EST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Burlington has issued a Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow... which is in effect from 4 PM Saturday to 4 PM EST Sunday. The Winter Storm Watch is no longer in effect.
* Locations... central and northern Vermont as well as northern New York.
* Hazard types... heavy snow.
* Accumulations... 5 to 10 inches of snow... with localized amounts of up to 12 inches across portions of the southern Green Mountains and eastern Adirondack Mountains.
* Maximum snowfall rate... around 1 inch per hour... mainly early Sunday morning.
* Timing... snow will develop late Saturday afternoon and become heavy at times Saturday night into Sunday morning. The snow will taper off to snow showers by Sunday afternoon.
* Impacts... difficult travel due to snow and reduced visibilities.
* Winds... northeast 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph.
* Temperatures... lows 5 to 11 above Saturday night with highs around 20 on Sunday.
* Visibilities... less than 1 mile at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Please stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio... your local media... or go to www.Weather.Gov/Burlington for further updates on this weather situation.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.