... The Flood Warning remains in effect until 445 PM PDT Thursday for
north central Snohomish County...
* Flood Warning for the North Fork stillaguamish river east of the
State Route 530 slide in north central Snohomish County...
* until 445 PM PDT April 24.
* Flooding continues on the North Fork of the stillaguamish river
upstream of the sr 530 slide due to debris from the State Route
530 slide partially blocking the river and the resulting pooling
of water behind the debris dam. We will be updating the Flood
Warning on a day to day basis.
* A warm front will spread rain to the Oso area tonight followed by
showers on Thursday as a cold front passes through. Up to 1 inch
of rain may fall over this period which may result in 0.5 foot
rise on the North Fork of the stillaguamish river from near
Arlington eastward to the slide.
* At 330 PM PDT Wednesday... the North Fork of the stillaguamish
river near Arlington was at 4.61 feet or 2825 cfs. The North Fork
of the stillaguamish near Oso was at 216.4 feet... or 1830 cfs.
* At 315 PM PDT Wednesday... the elevation of the slide pool to the
east of the sr 530 landslide was 282.33 feet. There continues to
be a great amount of uncertainty in the forecast pool elevation
due in part to limited knowledge of how much water the new stream
channel through the slide debris will be able to convey.
A Flood Warning means flooding is occurring or imminent. Most flood
related deaths occur in automobiles. Do not attempt to cross water
covered bridges... dips... or low water crossings. Never try to cross a
flowing stream... even a small one... on foot. To escape rising water
move up to higher ground.
Lat... Lon 4825 12181 4829 12185 4829 12177 4829 12166
4824 12165 4826 12174