... Red flag warning in effect from 11 am Tuesday to 11 PM PDT
Wednesday for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning across
fire weather zones or639... or641... wa639... wa641... wa675 and
The National Weather Service in Pendleton has issued a red flag
warning for thunderstorms producing abundant lightning... which is
in effect from 11 am Tuesday to 11 PM PDT Wednesday.
* Affected area... in orz639... fire weather zone 639 east slopes
of the northern Oregon Cascades. In orz641... fire weather zone
641 lower Columbia Basin of Oregon. In waz639... fire weather
zone 639 east slopes of the southern Washington Cascades. In
waz641... fire weather zone 641 lower Columbia Basin of
Washington. In waz675... fire weather zone 675 eastern
Washington southern Columbia Basin. In waz681... fire weather
zone 681 yakama alpine district.
* Timing... storms will develop by early afternoon Tuesday and
occasional scattered thunderstorms will be possible through
* Thunderstorms... some storms may become strong with outflow
winds around 40 mph and small hail.
* Precipitation... there will be a mix of wet and dry storms with
anywhere from a few hundredths of an inch to over one quarter
of an inch of rain possible.
* Lightning activity level... 3.
* Impacts... frequent lightning and critically dry fuels may
result in numerous fire starts.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions
are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of
strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures can
contribute to extreme fire behavior.