... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 6 PM CST this
* location... Iron and Ashland counties.
* Snow accumulations... additional snowfall through the afternoon
of up to 1 inch is possible. Snowfall spotters have reported
more than 8 inches in northeast Iron County.
* Winds... north 10 to 20 mph.
* Visibility... as low as one mile at times in open areas.
* Impacts... the Wisconsin Department of Transportation reported
U.S. Highway 2... U.S. Highway 51... and WI Highway 13 were snow
covered or had slippery stretches.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means snowfall may cause low
visibility at times. Snow and ice covered roads... and difficult
travel conditions can be expected. If you must travel... use
extreme caution and allow extra time to reach your destination. Slow
down when driving and allow for extra stopping distance as you may
lose control of your vehicle if you try to slow down or stop quickly.
Keep a winter survival kit in your vehicle... including a
flashlight... food... and water. Let someone know your travel Route
and expected arrival time and have a working cell phone in case
you become stranded.