Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 1 am EDT Thursday...
Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 1 am to noon EDT Thursday...
Rain and snow. Areas of blowing snow. Snow accumulation around an inch. Highs in the mid 40s. Brisk. Temperature falling into the upper 20s. North winds 20 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Cloudy. Snow showers...mainly in the evening. Areas of blowing snow. Snow accumulation 1 to 2 inches. Lows around 6 above. Brisk. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as 10 below after midnight.
Mostly sunny. Highs in the lower 20s. Much cooler. Northwest winds around 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Wind chill values as low as 12 below in the morning.
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 1 am EDT Thursday... ... Wind Chill Advisory remains in effect from 1 am to noon EDT Thursday...
* snow accumulations... 1 to 3 inches.
* Snow beginning... mid afternoon.
* Period of most intense snow... late afternoon and evening.
* Snow ending... late Wednesday night.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions are expected due to snow covered roads and temperatures falling below freezing causing widespread development of icy roads.
* Winds... northwest 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Wind chills between 10 and -15 Thursday -morning.
* Impacts... frost bite and hypothermia are possible if precautions are not taken
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that traveling will be inhibited due to slippery roads and reduced visibility. Use caution when traveling and report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service by calling 412-262- 1988... posting to the NWS Pittsburgh facebook Page... or using twitter @nwspittsburgh.
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong wind will produce low wind chill indices. This could result in frost bite and hypothermia if precautions are not taken. If you must venture outdoors... make sure you dress properly.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.