Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.
Forecast for Northeast Aroostook
Updated: 12:06 am EST on January 31, 2015
Winter Storm Warning in effect until 10 PM EST this evening...
Rest of Tonight
Snow. Blowing snow. Additional snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Lows around 10 above. North winds 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 25 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
Snow. Blowing snow. Visibility one quarter mile or less at times. Total snow accumulation of 8 to 12 inches. Highs around 10 above. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 35 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
Mostly cloudy with a chance of snow in the evening...then clear after midnight. Lows around 6 below. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow 50 percent. Wind chill values as low as 29 below.
Mostly sunny and brisk. Highs around 1 above. Northwest winds 15 to 25 mph.
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 10 PM EST Saturday...
* locations... eastern Maine.
* Hazard types... heavy snow. Significant blowing and drifting snow.
* Timing... snow will continue into Saturday afternoon.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 10 to 14 inches.
* Impacts... snow... heavy at times... will result in hazardous travel conditions. Areas of blowing snow will result in poor visibility late tonight through Saturday evening. Large drifts of snow are expected to develop Saturday into Saturday evening.
* Winds... north 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph.
* Temperatures... 3 to 30 above.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile or less at times.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 10:16 PM EST on January 30, 2015
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 24 hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... cwop observers... Skywarn spotters... facebook fans... and media for these reports. This summary is also available on our home Page at weather.Gov/Caribou
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments snowfall of /inches/ measurement
... Aroostook County... Caribou 1 N 5.7 900 PM 1/30 Fort Fairfield 2 NE 4.5 634 PM 1/30 Lille 4.0 648 PM 1/30 Linneus 3.0 753 PM 1/30 Bridgewater 2.5 600 PM 1/30
... Hancock County... Blue Hill 2.0 801 PM 1/30 Surry 2 E 0.9 657 PM 1/30