Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.
Forecast for New York (Manhattan)
Updated: 9:22 am EST on March 5, 2015
Winter Storm Warning in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
Snow late this morning...then light snow likely this afternoon. Snow may be heavy at times late this morning. Total snow accumulation of 4 to 8 inches. Cold with highs in the lower 30s. Temperature falling into the lower 20s this afternoon. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
... Winter Storm Warning remains in effect until 7 PM EST this evening...
* locations... eastern Essex... Union... and Hudson counties in New Jersey... and New York City and Long Island in New York.
* Hazard types... heavy snow.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation of 4 to 7 inches.
* Timing... wintry mix changes to all snow by 5 am. Snow may be heavy at times this morning into early afternoon... before tapering off late this afternoon into this evening.
* Visibilities... one quarter mile at times this morning into early afternoon.
* Temperatures... mid 30s early this morning... dropping into the lower 20s by afternoon.
* Impacts... hazardous travel conditions due to falling temperatures and Road icing... greatly reduced visibilities and significant snow accumulations. Some blowing and drifting snow is possible late this morning through this afternoon.
A Winter Storm Warning for heavy snow means severe winter weather conditions are expected or occurring. Significant amounts of snow are forecast that will make travel dangerous. Only travel in an emergency. If you must travel... keep an extra flashlight... food... and water in your vehicle in case of an emergency.
Public Information Statement
Statement as of 9:26 am EST on March 05, 2015
The following are unofficial observations taken during the past 6 hours for the storm that has been affecting our region. Appreciation is extended to Highway departments... cooperative observers... Skywarn spotters and media for these reports. This summary is also available on our home Page at weather.Gov/NYC
********************storm total snowfall********************
Location storm total time/date comments snowfall of /inches/ measurement
... Fairfield County... Easton 2.5 820 am 3/05 public New Canaan 2.1 730 am 3/05 trained spotter Norwalk 1.9 900 am 3/05 public Weston 1.5 805 am 3/05 trained spotter
... New Haven County... Milford 2.0 840 am 3/05 public Orange 1.8 802 am 3/05 trained spotter
... New London County... Colchester 2.5 700 am 3/05 CT dot New London 1.5 728 am 3/05 trained spotter
... Bergen County... East Rutherford 1.9 845 am 3/05 public
... Essex County... Maplewood 1.5 830 am 3/05 public
... Hudson County... Harrison 2.0 915 am 3/05 co-op observer
... Passaic County... West Milford 2.9 838 am 3/05 1100 feet
... New York County... Harlem 1.6 900 am 3/05 W. 138th St
... Suffolk County... Centereach 2.6 918 am 3/05 NWS employee East Northport 2.0 801 am 3/05 trained spotter Jamesport 1.9 921 am 3/05 public
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.