Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.
Forecast for Cattaraugus
Updated: 6:30 am EST on December 10, 2013
Lake effect snow warning in effect from 6 PM this evening to 4 am EST Thursday...
Lake effect snow showers through early afternoon...then a chance of snow showers late. Accumulation 1 to 2 inches in the most persistent snows. Cold with highs in the mid 20s. West winds 5 to 10 mph...increasing to 10 to 15 mph with gusts up to 30 mph. Chance of snow 90 percent.
Lake effect snow showers. Blowing snow overnight. Snow may be heavy at times overnight. Additional accumulation 4 to 7 inches in the most persistent snows. Windy with lows 10 to 20. West winds 10 to 15 mph...increasing to 20 to 30 mph. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
Lake effect snow. Blowing snow. Snow may be heavy at times in the afternoon. Additional accumulation 4 to 7 inches in the most persistent snows. Cold with highs 20 to 25. West winds 10 to 20 mph with gusts up to 30 mph...becoming southwest. Chance of snow near 100 percent.
... Lake effect snow warning remains in effect from 6 PM this evening to 4 am EST Thursday...
* locations... southern Erie... Wyoming... Chautauqua... and Cattaraugus counties. Greatest amounts across higher terrain.
* Timing... early this evening through late Wednesday night.
* Accumulations... 3 to 6 inches tonight... 4 to 8 inches Wednesday... and 4 to 7 inches Wednesday night... leading to storm totals of 10 to 19 inches in the most persistent lake snows.
* Winds... west 20 to 30 mph with gusts up to 40 mph producing some blowing and drifting snow.
* Visibilities... as low as a quarter mile at times.
* Impacts... very difficult travel at times with snow covered roads and poor visibility in heavy snow and blowing snow.
In lake effect snow the weather can vary from locally heavy snow in narrow bands to clear skies just a few miles away. If you will be traveling across the region be prepared for rapid changes in Road and visibility conditions.
If you lose power and plan on running a generator... make sure that the generator is located outdoors and is properly ventilated. Space heaters should also be properly ventilated and used only if they are operating properly. Make sure snow does not block exhausts and fresh air intakes for high efficiency furnaces and water heaters.
Stay tuned to NOAA Weather Radio or your favorite source of weather information for the latest updates. Additional details can also be found at www.Weather.Gov/Buffalo.
Report snow accumulation to the National Weather Service in Buffalo by sending an email to bufstorm.Report@noaa.Gov... posting to the NWS Buffalo facebook Page... or tweet... using the hashtag bufwx
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.