Freeze warning in effect from 5 am to 10 am EDT Saturday...
Freeze warning in effect from 11 PM EDT Saturday to 9 am EST Sunday...
Cloudy. Snow showers and showers likely...then chance of snow showers after midnight. Little or no snow accumulation. Lows in the lower 30s. Northwest winds 15 to 20 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Partly sunny until midday then clearing. Highs in the mid 40s. North winds 10 to 15 mph.
... Freeze warning remains in effect from 5 am EDT /4 am CDT/ to 10 am EDT /9 am CDT/ Saturday... ... Freeze warning remains in effect from 11 PM EDT /10 PM CDT/ Saturday to 9 am EST /8 am CST/ Sunday...
* temperatures... readings will fall to around or a little below the freezing mark Saturday morning. Colder readings are expected Sunday morning as The Heart of a much colder airmass moves across the Ohio Valley. Expect temperatures to drop into the 20s.
* Timing... breezy conditions tonight will keep readings from falling too fast. Freezing temperatures should begin a few hours before daybreak and continue past sunrise. Calmer conditions Saturday night will mean a quicker drop in temperatures... with some locations reaching the freezing mark late Saturday evening.
* Impacts... the freezing temperatures this weekend should bring an effective end to the growing season.
A freeze warning means sub-freezing temperatures are imminent or highly likely. These conditions will kill crops and other sensitive vegetation.
Statement as of 7:21 PM EDT on October 31, 2014
... Mix of sleet and snow approaching Louisville Metro...
At 712 PM EDT... National Weather Service Doppler radar was tracking a band of snow and sleet along a line extending from near English to Corydon to Prospect... and moving south at 30 mph.
This wintry mix will impact the Louisville Metro region through 830 PM.
The following are expected within this band of wintry precipitation:
* snow and sleet with minor accumulations possible on grassy and elevated surfaces
* visibilities reduced to less than one mile at times
Some locations affected include Jeffersonville... New Albany... Corydon... Louisville... Shively... Pleasure Ridge Park... Fairdale... Okolona... Valley Station... and Brandenburg.
Stay tuned to NOAA all hazards radio... weather.Gov/Louisville on the internet... or local media for later updates.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.