Breezy. Scattered thunderstorms in the evening...then periods of thunderstorms before midnight and early morning. Scattered thunderstorms early in the morning. Low in the upper 40s. South wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 40 mph becoming west 5 to 15 mph after midnight. Chance of thunderstorms near 100 percent.
Partly sunny. Isolated thunderstorms through mid morning. Cooler. High in the mid 60s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of thunderstorms 20 percent.
... Wind Advisory now in effect until 6 PM CDT this evening...
* timing... winds will increase steadily this morning and persist through the afternoon.
* Winds... south increasing to near 30 mph with gusts over 40 mph at times.
* Impacts... loose or unsecured objects will get blown around and driving may become difficult at times. High profile or light weight vehicles will be especially susceptible to strong Crosswinds.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 9:30 AM CDT on April 01, 2015
... Red flag warning now in effect until 7 PM CDT this evening for extreme fire conditions... .
* timing... winds will steadily increase this morning and persist through the afternoon. Fire weather conditions will remain extremely dangerous all day.
* Wind... south increasing to around 30 mph with gusts over 40 mph at times.
* Relative humidity... as low as 25 to 30 percent.
* Fuel... grasses remain nearly 100 percent cured and surface fuels are highly combustible.
* Impacts... any fires will spread very rapidly and be very difficult to control in these dangerous conditions. Outdoor burning is highly discouraged and should be avoided.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will create explosive fire growth potential.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.