Breezy. Scattered thunderstorms in the evening...then widespread thunderstorms before midnight and early morning. Scattered thunderstorms early in the morning. Low around 50. South wind 15 to 25 mph with gusts to around 40 mph shifting to the west 10 to 15 mph with gusts to around 25 mph after midnight. Chance of thunderstorms near 100 percent.
Partly sunny. Scattered thunderstorms through mid morning...then a slight chance of showers and isolated thunderstorms before noon. Cooler. High in the mid 60s. Northwest wind 10 to 15 mph. Gusts up to 25 mph in the afternoon. Chance of precipitation 40 percent.
... Wind Advisory in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 6 PM CDT this evening...
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a Wind Advisory... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 6 PM CDT this evening.
* Timing... the wind will increase through late morning and become strong and gusty this afternoon.
* Winds... the wind will be out of the south today with sustained wind speeds of 15 to 30 mph by late morning then increase to 25 to 35 mph during the afternoon hours. Wind gusts between 40 and 45 mph are expected.
* Impacts... loose or unsecured objects will get blown around this afternoon and driving... especially across east/west roadways may become difficult at times. High profile or light weight vehicles will be especially susceptible to strong wind gusts.
A Wind Advisory means that winds of 35 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Fire Weather Warning
Statement as of 3:46 AM CDT on April 01, 2015
... Red flag warning in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM CDT this evening for extreme fire conditions... .
The National Weather Service in Des Moines has issued a red flag warning for extreme fire conditions... which is in effect from 1 PM this afternoon to 7 PM CDT this evening. The Fire Weather Watch is no longer in effect.
* Timing... the wind will steadily increase through the morning becoming strong and gusty this afternoon. The most dangerous conditions will exist between 2 PM and 5 PM.
* Wind... south increasing to 25 to 35 mph with gusts around 40 mph at times.
* Relative humidity... as low as 25 percent this afternoon.
* Fuel... grasses remain nearly 100 percent cured and surface fuels are highly combustible.
* Impacts... any fires will spread very rapidly and be very difficult to control in these dangerous conditions. Outdoor burning is highly discouraged and should be avoided.
A red flag warning means that critical fire weather conditions are either occurring now... or will shortly. A combination of strong winds... low relative humidity... and warm temperatures will create explosive fire growth potential.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.