... Wind Chill Advisory in effect from 4 am to 5 PM MST Sunday...
The National Weather Service in Great Falls has issued a Wind
Chill Advisory... which is in effect from 4 am to 5 PM MST Sunday.
* Timing and main impact: winds will increase from the southwest
later tonight to 10 to 15 mph and continue through Sunday
afternoon. While temperatures will gradually rise late tonight
through Sunday afternoon... the combination of cold temperatures
and increased winds will create bitterly cold wind chill values.
* Wind chill values: 20 below to 40 below zero.
* Locations affected include: Fairfield... Choteau... Stanford...
Chinook... Conrad... Browning... Marias Pass... Shelby...
Chester... Cut Bank... Havre... Great Falls... Kings Hill Pass...
Big Sandy... Fort Benton... Lewistown... Lewistown Divide.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
* to see a graphical representation of the degree of stress on
Young livestock please visit
A Wind Chill Advisory means that very cold air and strong winds
will combine to generate low wind chills. This will result in
frost bite and lead to hypothermia if precautions are not taken.
If you must venture outdoors... make sure you wear a hat and