... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect from 7 PM this evening
to 5 am MST Monday for elevations above 5000 feet...
The Winter Weather Advisory for elevations above 5000 feet for
snow and blowing snow is now in effect from 7 PM this evening to
5 am MST Monday.
* Timing and main impact: snow will develop over the Rocky
Mountains tonight and continue through early Monday... gradually
shifting north to South. Mountain passes will become snow
covered and icy on Sunday and early Monday.
* Snow accumulations: 2 to 5 inches of snow are expected over
mountain passes with 8 to 16 inches possible above pass level.
* Winds and visibility: wind gusts up to 60 mph will peak early
Sunday through favored areas along the Rocky Mountain front.
Visibility could drop below 1/2 mile at times in blowing
* Elevations: for elevations above 5000 feet.
* Locations affected include: Marias Pass... Boulder Hill... Elk
Park Pass... Homestake pass... Flesher Pass... MacDonald
Pass... Rogers Pass.
* To see a graphical representation of this hazard please visit
our web Page and click on the detailed hazards tab.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow and blowing snow means that
visibilities will be limited due to a combination of falling and
blowing snow. Use caution when traveling... especially in open
For specific Road and travel conditions in Montana... dial 5 1 1.