Coastal Flood Advisory in effect until 2 PM EDT this afternoon...
Flood Watch in effect through this evening...
Rest of Today
Rain with isolated thunderstorms late this morning...then rain this afternoon. Rain may be heavy at times late this morning. Highs in the lower 50s. Northeast winds 15 to 25 mph with gusts up to 40 mph. Chance of rain near 100 percent.
... Coastal Flood Advisory remains in effect until 2 PM EDT this afternoon...
* location... seacoast of New Hampshire as well as the Maine coast south of Penobscot Bay.
* Coastal flooding... localized areas of minor coastal flooding along with splash-over and beach erosion is expected around the time of high tide today.
* Timing... mainly between 10 am and 1 PM.
A coastal Flood Advisory indicates that onshore winds and tides will combine to generate flooding of low areas along the shore.
318 am EDT Thu Oct 23 2014
... Flood Watch remains in effect through this evening...
The Flood Watch continues for
* portions of western Maine and New Hampshire... including the following areas... in western Maine... Androscoggin... Central Somerset... coastal Cumberland... coastal Waldo... coastal York... interior Cumberland... interior Waldo... interior York... Kennebec... Knox... Lincoln... northern Franklin... northern Oxford... Sagadahoc... southern Franklin... southern Oxford and southern Somerset. In New Hampshire... Belknap... coastal Rockingham... interior Rockingham... Merrimack... northern Carroll... southern Carroll and Strafford.
* Through this evening
* occasional heavy rain is expected today. An additional 1 to 2 inches of rain is expected.
* The cumulative effect of heavy rain over the past few days and today will cause rivers and streams to rise. Flooding of streams and rivers is possible. Urban and poor drainage flooding is expected. The rain will taper off later this afternoon and evening.
A Flood Watch means there is a potential for flooding based on current forecasts.
You should monitor later forecasts and be alert for possible flood warnings. Those living in areas prone to flooding should be prepared to take action should flooding develop.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.