Winter Weather Advisory in effect until midnight EST tonight...
Winter Storm Watch in effect from Wednesday evening through Thursday evening...
Rain...sleet...snow and freezing rain this evening...then rain after midnight. Total snow accumulation of 1 to 3 inches. Ice accumulation around a trace. Lows in the lower 30s. South winds around 10 mph...becoming southwest after midnight. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Light rain likely. Highs around 40. West winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 70 percent.
Rain and sleet in the evening...then snow...sleet and rain after midnight. Snow and sleet accumulation of 2 to 4 inches. Lows in the mid 20s. Northwest winds 5 to 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 90 percent.
Snow. Additional moderate snow accumulation. Cold with highs in the upper 20s. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 80 percent.
Mostly cloudy with a slight chance of snow in the evening...then mostly clear after midnight. Colder with lows around 9 above. Northwest winds 10 to 15 mph. Chance of snow 20 percent. Wind chill values as low as 3 below.
Sunny. Cold with highs in the mid 20s. Wind chill values as low as zero in the morning.
... Winter Weather Advisory now in effect until midnight EST tonight... ... Winter Storm Watch in effect from Wednesday evening through Thursday evening...
The National Weather Service in New York has issued a Winter Storm Watch... which is in effect from Wednesday evening through Thursday evening.
* Locations... southern Connecticut... Long Island... New York City... southern Westchester... and portions of northeast New Jersey.
* Hazard types... snow... sleet and freezing rain this evening... then heavy snow Wednesday night into Thursday.
* Accumulations... snow accumulation around 2 inches this evening... along with a trace of ice... then 4 to 8 inches Wednesday night into Thursday.
* Timing... snow develops late this afternoon... then mixes with sleet and freezing rain early this evening before changing to rain. The rain... mixes with or changes to snow and sleet Wednesday evening... before changing to all snow around or shortly after midnight Wednesday night. The snow should taper off Thursday afternoon.
* Impacts... snow covered surfaces... coated with ice... will make traveling difficult at times.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
A Winter Storm Watch means there is a potential for significant snow... sleet... or ice accumulations that may impact travel. Continue to monitor the latest forecasts.
Statement as of 10:57 am EST on March 03, 2015
... .record minimum average monthly temperature set at Kennedy NY...
A record minimum average monthly temperature of 24.5 was set at Kennedy NY for February 2015. The previous coldest average monthly temperature for February recorded at Kennedy was 25.0 in 1979.
Records at Kennedy began on July 17 1948.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.