Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 am to 1 PM EST Tuesday...
Partly cloudy this evening...then mostly cloudy with a slight chance of freezing rain after midnight. Cooler with lows in the lower 20s. North winds around 10 mph this evening... becoming light and variable. Chance of precipitation 20 percent.
Sleet and freezing rain likely in the morning...then rain and freezing rain likely in the afternoon. Ice accumulation around a trace. Highs in the upper 30s. Southeast winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation 70 percent.
Rain...a chance of snow and sleet in the evening...then snow...rain with a chance of sleet after midnight. Moderate snow accumulation. Much cooler with lows in the lower 20s. Northwest winds around 10 mph. Chance of precipitation near 100 percent.
Cloudy...snow...mainly in the morning. Additional light snow accumulation. Much cooler. Near steady temperature in the lower 20s. Chance of snow 90 percent. Wind chill values as low as 5 above.
... Winter Weather Advisory in effect from 7 am to 1 PM EST Tuesday...
The National Weather Service in Blacksburg has issued a Winter Weather Advisory for sleet and freezing rain... which is in effect from 7 am to 1 PM EST Tuesday.
* Locations... Greenbrier valley... Alleghany Highlands of Virginia and portions of southwest Virginia including Roanoke valley.
* Hazard types... sleet and freezing rain. A brief period of snow may be possible during the onset.
* Accumulations... snow and sleet accumulation of less than one inch. Ice accumulation less than a tenth of an inch.
* Timing... 7 am Tuesday until 1 PM Tuesday afternoon.
* Impacts... periods of freezing rain or sleet will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery icy roads. Slow down and use caution while driving.
* Winds... southeast 5 to 10 mph with gusts up to 20 mph.
* Temperatures... in the upper 20s and lower 30s.
A Winter Weather Advisory means that periods of snow... sleet... or freezing rain will cause travel difficulties. Be prepared for slippery roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Statement as of 5:50 am EST on March 2, 2015
record event report National Weather Service Blacksburg VA 550 am EST Mon March 2 2015
... Record low maximum temperature at Danville Virginia...
The high temeprature at Danville yesterday was only 35 degrees... which ties the record low maximum for the date last reached in 1978. Records at Danville go back to 1948.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.