Today is forecast to be Much Cooler than yesterday.
Forecast for Sangamon
Updated: 7:06 am CDT on March 12, 2014
Wind Advisory in effect until 1 PM CDT this afternoon...
Winter Weather Advisory in effect until 11 am CDT this morning...
Rest of Today
Mostly cloudy. A 50 percent chance of snow in the morning. Near steady temperature in the lower 30s. Very windy. North winds 25 to 30 mph with gusts to around 45 mph becoming northwest 15 to 20 mph with gusts to around 35 mph in the afternoon.
... Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 am CDT this morning...
A Winter Weather Advisory remains in effect until 11 am CDT this morning.
* Timing... light to moderate snow will continue into mid morning... slowly tapering off from west to east.
* Accumulations... total accumulations of 2 to 3 inches are likely before the snow ends... with locally higher amounts possible.
* Wind... northerly winds of 25 to 35 mph will gust from 40 to 45 mph in much of central Illinois... with some gusts as high as 50 mph near I-57.
* Impacts... roads will quickly become slushy as the snow accumulates. Icy travel conditions may occur on roads that have not been well treated yet. The wet snow is expected to limit the amount of blowing and drifting to a relative minimum... although areas near Champaign and Danville are more likely to see some blowing snow due to the higher wind speeds in that area.
A Winter Weather Advisory for snow means that periods of snow will cause primarily travel difficulties. Be prepared for snow covered roads and limited visibilities... and use caution while driving.
Statement as of 4:41 AM CDT on March 12, 2014
... Wind Advisory remains in effect until 1 PM CDT this afternoon...
A Wind Advisory remains in effect until 1 PM CDT this afternoon.
* Timing... strong northerly winds will continue to develop with this winter system through the morning. Winds should decrease close to mid day and fall to below advisory criteria by 1 PM.
* Winds... north winds of 25 to 30 mph with gusts to around 45 mph.
* Impacts... light objects such as outdoor furniture may be tossed around. Driving on east-west roadways and highways may be very difficult... especially for high profile vehicles such as semis and recreational vehicles. Minor tree and building damage is also possible.
A Wind Advisory means that sustained winds of 30 mph are expected. Winds this strong can make driving difficult... especially for high profile vehicles. Use extra caution.
Find the Weather for any City, State or ZIP Code, or Airport Code or Country:
Custom Weather Services
In addition to this website, we provide a number of free and professional weather services.